Archinect
anchor

another laptop thread.

garpike

I have seen problems first hand with the hardrives disconnecting in Sony's and therefore not allowing you to start up. Just be careful. Maintain the warranty - even theough service will still cost an arm and a leg and 6 months lost time with no loaners. Back up often.

Nov 18, 05 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
Regan Martin

A buddy of mine in grad school uses a Asus m6 and has better capability than I do at work. picked it up for about ~$1700. Solid on the reliability end too. Thinking about getting a 64bit version for myself after the holiday.

Nov 18, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
ret

ACER-
Great screens,
Good choice of Pentium M processors
Bluetooth, WLAN, onboard mic on all.
Good choice of video cards
Cheap(er)
Better looking than dell
International travellers warranty etc etc.
Not noisy like the HP's, and they keep cool. I know someone who's DELL generates so much heat, i'd rather call it COOKTOP!

Nov 18, 05 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Avoid Sager at all costs. The annoying guy at school who bragged about the money he saved turn into the annoying guy at school who wouldn't stop yelling "Fix my computer!" to the service techs on the phone for 3 months.

Nov 18, 05 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

pomo, I know you already made your decision, but I though I would reveal my machine to those still reading this as I have had no problems with it. Over three years of perfection. Use it for Maya, Rhino, AutoCAD, and even Pro Tools (pro recording software).

hp Pavilion ze5380

Nov 18, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: