Archinect
anchor

Auto CAD?

ARCHITKD

Hey guys, does anyone know an old CAd comand to delete all multiple lines. For example I opened a drawing that has maybe say four lines overlapping. Thank you!

Aug 30, 05 7:51 am
Per Corell

Hi
I guess what you refere is an old problem caused by DXBout and DXBin commands --- not confused with DXFout that make a text file containing the entities.
The DXB files were a smart way to make a 2D unscaled vector drawing , it proberly are still an option with AutoCAD, but. The overlapping vectors remain a problem after you Plot a 3D scene to a 2D DXB file and import the DXB file again.
There are a solution , sadly it mean a bit of programming and I am not sure I can find the application I made for this porpus, but.
It is quite simple to travel the entities for vectors with a cirtain direction and same start point or vectors that just work between two max. start and end points It was possible for me to write an application so, I guess it is out there somewhere.
Anyway all true graphics lovers, will just love this old DXB tool that make line drawings in 2D from 3D scenes, --- true there are the overlap vector problem but, these can be found manually to.

Aug 30, 05 8:11 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

yeah, the only command cooler than explode.

overkill

Aug 30, 05 8:12 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

and my solution is a whole lot easier than per's.

Aug 30, 05 8:13 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Well just select all and then point out single entities to be the remaining ones --- then a bit edditing adding the vectors that shuldn't be deleted, right.

Aug 30, 05 8:17 am  · 
 · 
ARCHITKD

Hi guys, thanks for the imput on my questin, but I think that you may have misunderstand the question.
The drawing I am using never had any 3D objects, it has multiple lines due to poor draftsmanship from who ever priviously worked on it. So I jjust wanted to know how to cleansit up a little! Thanks once more, and especially to Per Corell.

Aug 30, 05 8:22 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Exactly the problem are the same, ---- now without knowing the drawing it is difficult to say, but it _could have been a 3D that was "flattened" with the DXb plot option, anyway. If you didn't knew the DXB and one day need to "flattern" a 3D drawing into an oldfasion line drawing then you now know another way than the Lisp "flattern" application. --- one that except the sometimes overlapping vectors acturly make a neat presentation.
The DXB plots are often quite good for that --- as long as you know that to use the unscaled vectors, you need to import the dxb into aan emty drawing and then scale the lot as often when you import the file the vectors will be the size of a dot untill you upscaled them.

Aug 30, 05 8:33 am  · 
 · 
SuperHeavy

yes, i know exactly what you mean, there was a person at my last office that hated everyone and everything. She copy/pasted the same drawings on top of themselves multiple times and saved it. Then she quit the job.

highlight wherever there are multiple lines, type ----overkill----. It will bring up another input window where you can fudge some settings. this works, do it.

per has a habit of doing things his own way. and his way typically has little bearing on reality.

Aug 30, 05 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
"She copy/pasted the same drawings on top of themselves multiple times and saved it. Then she quit the job."
And who would think about this to be the trouble --- anyway S.H. I never used the flattern application as the DXB plot will make a line drawing of just the window , the perspective on the screen, what you see at the screen. We proberly are talking about different things, but if you one day need a flat line drawing of a scene as how you see a perspective, then "flattern" Lisp will not do that, it will change all Z values to zero but it will not flatten a 3D perspective, DXB will but leave out a lot of other information.
Anyway there are many way's to solve the same problem with AutoCAD.

Aug 30, 05 9:18 am  · 
 · 
ARCHITKD

Thanks superheavy the overkill comand works well

Aug 30, 05 9:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: