Archinect
anchor

honeycomb 3d

mauOne™

can you guys point me towards some reading (books or links) to best understand the origins of the honeycomb structures

thank you

Jul 18, 05 11:35 pm
dia

What are you, nuts?!?

Jul 18, 05 11:45 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

are you kidding, you non-fancy graphics lover (or fancy graphics hater)?

Jul 18, 05 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
Silent Disapproval Robot

Hi

Jul 19, 05 12:12 am  · 
 · 
ferplexion

paging per correl to the white courtesy phone.

Jul 19, 05 3:35 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

this gives me an idea... why dont we publish a book on per... we could include the entire thread....

Jul 19, 05 4:35 am  · 
 · 
momentum

per correll invented it and posts regularly on this forum. he is an innovator of the somewhat narrowly acclaimed 3DH program.

Jul 19, 05 9:15 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
MauOne it will cut some time if you describe what you mean ---

There are a 3D-Honeycomb material that carry cubes to able the thick sheet to form double curved surfaces ----- the 3D-Honeycomb technike I progress work compleatly different , it provide something to attach these flexible surface panels to.
The thick sheet material are often used as a base composite material where a resin cured will use the honeycomb structure sheets as reinforcement , making a hardened double curved surface that most often are covered with another layer of fibers and resin ---- this form a shell in lightweight often used in planes and boats where you by hand want to form and shape from a surface attitude, ------ what you soon realise is that to form and shape to meet the measures as you projected, it is not enough to form just the surface and hope it stay in that form while the agents harden , The 3D-Honeycomb structure I deal with ensure that to be no problem ; acturly you can by combining both technikes, end up with my sort of framework, that btw. offer four square boxes where the other honeycomb structure act hexa cubes , but covered both sides with a formable honeycomb sheet , and added resin then hardened, I would think you end up with the most strong structure you could emagine.

Jul 19, 05 9:55 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

would it be possible to get per to do a lecture tour of the united states?

Jul 19, 05 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Eh ----- one drawback with the ready hexa cubes honeycomb sheets are, that the result will depend on petrochemics --- Epoxies or polyester as resin --- this mean that the ready curved and hardened panels are no good exposed to heat acturly both Epoxy and polyester burn quite well so just the materials and technike are limited.
------ For fanatics , this is why I arogantly progress the push-button 3D-Honeycomb , as with that it is your choice to use metals instead of petrochemics , to progress even more 3D-Honeycomb as I progress, will shape an aeroplane in metal sheets vowen where the limitations with flamable petrchemisc shuld be obvious.

Jul 19, 05 10:15 am  · 
 · 
mauOne™

nevermind

Jul 19, 05 11:38 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

Funniest thread ever.

Jul 19, 05 2:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: