Archinect
anchor

goals of an architect

JK664

what is the ideal goal for every architect...? where would you like to see yourself after school? accomplishing what? designing what? owning what kind of firm?.. ect

Jun 12, 05 10:33 am

Hrm... good question. I'd like to be involved with the total revitalization of a community or communities via public and private architecture & design; a multidisciplinary firm that handles all aspects of design: spatial, graphic, internet, information, media, typographic, etc.

And of course, this would include being not only a design firm, but a developer who's ideas get implemented without much client interference. The thouht of being a full-service design firm makes me remember exactly why I started this journey in the first place... creativity.

Jun 12, 05 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

to get paid and to get laid

Jun 12, 05 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

to have the time and leisure to think and theorize on architecture, not to practice, have the state pay my bills for me to be an architectural intellectual... in other words, independantly wealthy and a room of one's own... build nothing... a failure in the eyes of the outside world...

Jun 12, 05 9:33 pm  · 
1  · 
vado retro

you are never a failure if you have the coin dude

Jun 13, 05 7:29 am  · 
 · 
whistler

Have fun ... get paid.

Jun 13, 05 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
ksArcher

if all you want is money why did you people go into the architecture profession?

I want to make great Architecture...as silly as that may sound these days...

Jun 13, 05 10:39 pm  · 
1  · 
jetcetera

Finish the sh*t...Bill the b*tch...

Jun 14, 05 1:58 am  · 
 · 
JK664

ksarcher is right if your in it for the money get out of the proffesion now become a dentist

Jun 14, 05 9:15 am  · 
 · 
JK664

don't get me wrong the money is nice though

Jun 14, 05 9:16 am  · 
1  · 
3ifs

my goal = to fulfill my clients needs in a way that fulfills mine.

Jun 14, 05 9:23 am  · 
1  · 

Steve - that's what I'm doing. Its a little straining we are doing a new town, and we do most of the architecture (the real architecture) in this country. Its a challenge, but sometimes the luster fades. Looking for my next goal

Jul 11, 05 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

Like (pinky &) the Brain, "take over the world"

Jul 11, 05 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

Personally I'd like to
(1) have my designs built.
(2) have work/projects lined up.
(3) make enough to support family and make ends meet.

Jul 12, 05 1:41 am  · 
 · 
AP

"what is the ideal goal for every architect...?"

to serve society, not rule it

Jul 12, 05 2:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

3ifs, that is a great statement. Pretty well completely sums up my goals as well.

Jul 12, 05 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

If you think of Architects, and you're consulting the Orders, you consider the nature of architects. You say to architects, "What do you want, Architects?"

Architects say to you, "I like nice buildings."

If you say to Architects, "Nice buildings are expensive, and I can use a third-rate builder for my house. What do you think of that, architect?"

Architect says, "I like nice buildings."

Jul 12, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 

hah hah you have me guffawing Ants

Jul 12, 05 6:30 pm  · 
 · 

Hmm to spend my days working on this www.architechnophilia.blogspot.com

cheap plug - absolutely

Jul 12, 05 6:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: