anchor

If it were only so easy.

Sullivan.DJ
fulcrum

La la la la la la~

Jun 1, 05 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
fulcrum

Can you imagine being an intern working for Pitt? That would be the shittiest job in the profession.

Jun 1, 05 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
meversusyou

i liked the ending of the article when the author states 'why the individual matters.'

well then, if YOU say so.

Jun 1, 05 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

that makes me want to vomit... who says architects don't have any respect? Brad Pitt had an "informal apprenticeship" with Frank Gehry... and now he's designing. jackass.

Jun 1, 05 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

why are you guys so fucking negative???

take it easy

Jun 1, 05 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

and yes....anyone of you please go and act, (if you can manage that) and im sure you wont be faced with such bitterness

Jun 1, 05 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

i can't help thinking of the parallel between Homer Simpson and his long lost brother (i think) where Homer designed a car ('a car for the common man') that put his brother out of business.

Brad will be the death of Gehry, professionally. probably not, but funny thinking about it.

Jun 1, 05 7:10 pm  · 
 · 

any parallel with The Simpsons is cool with me...

Jun 1, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

poor brad. he's being used as a pawn in gehry's game. just a poor little innocent millionaire actor getting sucked into the politics and international intrigue that is architecture. run, brad, run!!!

-to

Jun 1, 05 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
kn825

I bet if I intended to buy the project I was working on, they'd let me design it too.

Jun 1, 05 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

^there you go. spot on. all you have to do to get to work on a design is buy the project, duh, what's the big deal? we all know that.

Jun 1, 05 8:24 pm  · 
 · 

who knows maybe he actually can design.

I'll wait to see what he does before freaking out. protectionism in our profession is pretty silly considering what we do for a living. I mean actors really shouldn't take themselves seriously, and neither should we.

It's just entertainment and spectacle, ennit...

Jun 1, 05 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean

if good design is choosing the right shape of crumpled paper, then odds are he's a good designer

Jun 1, 05 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

it is easy if you;re rich.

Jun 1, 05 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

the combo of a/thoughts of changing career b/getting divorced and c/sudden interest in charity work sounds like d/mid-life crisis.

Jun 2, 05 11:22 am  · 
 · 
Nicoli

next on Fox "Why Celebrity's Buildings Fall Down!"

Jun 2, 05 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I find it hard to think of this as little more than a publicity stunt. It takes a lot more than just "studying computer aided design" for a few weeks in Gehry's office to learn how to design, let alone come up with a good design. I can understand if he's designing his own flat, then it's "the walls go there, the frige goes there" and what not. But a restaurant? Somebody sit him down with a restaurant equipment rep and see what happens.

I sent this email on to all of my coworkers and other non-archinect, architecture friends.....I've never gotten so many responses, most of them virulent.

Jun 2, 05 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

I think its interesting that everyone is latching on to the Pitt aspect. Did you see that Hayden Christianson is also thinking about quitting to be an architect? I for one, think we should encourage him to quit acting.

Jun 2, 05 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
Sullivan.DJ

Brad Pitt deciding to be an architect is pretty much the same thing as Madonna deciding she can act... except for the years of education and registration exams...

Jun 2, 05 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

Wait a minute...

Brad Pitt is 41!?!

Jun 2, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: