Archinect
anchor

Please tell me an idea,

mahjoub

i m architecte have degree from algeria, i spend 5 years to study this major and i worked like 1 years and half , now im living in usa since last december, i need your idea please how to can integrate her in usa as architecte , i want develop my experiences and my skills her, but now with time i get job have no relation with my carrer , i feel with time lost my skills i need your help and advises please

Sep 9, 11 3:26 am
Purpurina

Get familiar designing in inches and keep up with the newest software. Unfortunately lots of architects are in the same situation, working in jobs not related to architecture for a few years now.

Sep 9, 11 9:34 am  · 
 · 
dassouki

Best thing to do is get your degree credited, and do an MARC II or something. Otherwise, you'll just end up being a drafter

Sep 9, 11 11:25 am  · 
 · 
mahjoub

thanks purpurina , dassouki for advises i apreciate that but i just  have some progress and i have apply to the university as student international , i explained in my app my objectifs , my plan for the study, and my education background to the university , the thesis of my graduation was about preservation of an historic site and adapt for new functions to revive this area it was for  encourage the cultural tourism  , any way i would like to countinue in this field , historic preservation, 

actualy i get this email from the univ

I recently received your application to the University. The program you applied to was our Master of Architecture, however you indicated the Master of Science in Architecture in your Statement of Intent. I want to verify which program you intended to apply.

MARCH (Master of Architecture)--the NAAB-accredited studio-based professional degree program prepares students for work as a licensed professional; completion of this degree is the educational basis for licensure in the USA.

MSARCH (Master of Science in Architecture)--the post-professional seminar-based program for those: 1) already registered as practicing professionals in the USA wanting to have a more theoretical base to their practice or, 2) focused on teaching, writing, research.  Completion of this degree does NOT legally support licensure in the USA.  This degree program is in the process of becoming a PhD program.

wich one i will choise ? wich one is the best for my career ? enlighten me plese if u get any quest ask me please

Sep 13, 11 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

march, man

Sep 13, 11 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
mahjoub

u means the first one?

Sep 13, 11 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
dassouki

Mahjoob, I think you need to talk to the local Architectural board first to see how your degree will get creditted

Sep 13, 11 4:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: