Archinect
anchor

A particular NYC building intrigues me

On the south west corner of 81st and Columbus ave (the first floor has Pizzeria Uno) -- the building is dark grey, with very iteresting balconies and simple rectangular windows.

I was contemplating under what sort of preposterous excuse can I find my way inside to see the inside...

Does anyone know who is the architect and where can i find out more information on it?

May 28, 05 10:49 pm
evangelicalbunny

Dear Friends,

I believe that building is an early Robert A.M. Stern. For more information on it, I'd recommend watching PBS...they occasionally run specials on it.

With Love!

eb

May 28, 05 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
juan moment

The building was designed (renovated & remodeled) by Marvin Meltzer in 1981. If you want to see the inside of the building you could buy an apartment for just $995,000.

Meltzer/Mandl Architects used to have a web site but it seems to be down.

May 29, 05 2:23 am  · 
 · 
tman

will i be able to affoard with my intern dollars?

May 29, 05 8:19 am  · 
 · 
Transition

juan moment -- thank you!!! i remembered the arcitect's name had lots of Ms in it, but that lead me nowhere.
can you point me to some sort of resource where i could find info on random buildings I pass by?

May 29, 05 12:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: