Archinect
anchor

actor s and archi's

In response to Hayden Christensen's decision to drop acting and study architecture. I am using archinect's forum space to officially anounce my early retirement from architecture in order to concentrate my efforts in a future of movie stardom!

k n

May 24, 05 7:18 pm

Good luck... may you be better than Hayden Chistensen. And may he be better at architecture than he was at acting...

May 24, 05 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i am definitely encouraged by this trend given that brad pitt has also talked openly about such a move. since movie stars are amongst the most revered people in our culture, if they are looking to architecture as something better and more fulfilling then i have to belief this might have influence on others as well.

on a side note, although many are skeptical of the idea of the architect as celebraty, i.e., the star-architect or starchitect, i would like to see more of this. if celebraties (that is the people we collectively chose to celebrate) are an indication of our culture, then i feel pretty optimistic about including more architects in this group as opposed to 20 year olds whose talent is either dribbling a basketball or shaking their ass in musical productions.

and kurtneis, i feel your approach is backwards. although it might be nice to be a movie star, architecture is an old man's game. you should have started in acting, and retired to architecture, not the other way around. but good luck with that anyways

May 24, 05 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

actually, the best scenario might be if actors and actresses start dating architects...that might rekindle my professional ambitions

May 24, 05 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm a registered architect and Brad Pitt can "date" me anytime.

But wiseass comments aside, I agree with your idea, puddles.

May 25, 05 12:17 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

what i really want to do is direct...

May 25, 05 7:16 am  · 
 · 
Geo

Do I see a Christensen/Piit Architects in the future...

May 25, 05 9:53 am  · 
 · 
Archi-F

I thought Pitt wanted to take classes at both UCLA and SCIARC, only he refused to go through the regular application process - so they refused to let him sit in a class.

May 25, 05 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: