Archinect
anchor

Rebel Without A Clue

vado retro

So, the 50th anniversery of James"die young and leave a nice corpse" Dean is this year and the first party gets started June 3rd in Marion Indiana. Now as you can imagine there will be food, cool car and motorcycle contests, screening of jd's three films. and of course, music.
Now I would have thought that since jd is the american rebel outlaw from the fifties that the organizers of this event would have perhaps contracted the talents of groups that cranked out raucous rockabillybodiddleychuckbarryesque tunes, (even though jd was into his bongos daddio) however, the music lineup includes:

an unnamed beatles cover band
the fifth dimension
peter noone from the herman's hermits
and gary puckett.

give me a freakin break man. i personally always associate the raw angst of james deans performances, his iconic life and death with tunes such as "up up and away in my beautiful balloon" "im henry the eighth i am" and "young girl get outta my mind" with the legacy of james dean.assholes.

May 23, 05 11:48 pm
Janosh

I thought this was going to be another Eric Owen Moss thread...

May 24, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
form64

the car...sooo hot

May 24, 05 9:03 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ah-ha! Vado, "urbane resident of a flyover state", so knowledgeable of Indy "cultural" events, you just gave us a hint as to where you live, eh?

They should have brought in Me First and the Gimme Gimmes to play - now that would have rocked.

May 24, 05 9:32 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

you can get a beck spyder, turn key just like that for 20 grand. i think i might head out there. for kicks man.

May 24, 05 8:41 pm  · 
 · 
archoholic

Yes, with the round tube frame and a 2180cc motor, she'll scream. Do it!

May 24, 05 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

0-60 in 5 seconds. effin-a!!!

May 24, 05 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
archoholic

I gotta 57 VW bus, she does 0-60 in 11 minutes....1132cc=36hp, but I can fit 6 betty's in da back and two up front yo.

May 25, 05 12:55 am  · 
 · 
norm

hey - i've been to that shin-dig. middle - america. you gotta love it.

May 25, 05 8:47 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: