Archinect
anchor

Scholarship M.arch/M.arch II ??

Babak

hi pals....

how is the chance of getting scholarships for march/march2 in north american university .... i know it depends on what i do but consider it for an average guy !

;)

May 12, 05 2:01 am
zxyvw

try through the school

May 29, 05 12:33 am  · 
 · 
Babak

??
i dont get it, anyway !

in fact i havent studied my ba./ma. in america, but willing to move there, and i am thinking of going to a grad school but i am puzzled of how to finance myself.... so again ... is getting scholarship ...?

May 29, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
polipop

i guess the best way is what bhumika said, contact the school you want to go directly.

May 29, 05 11:47 am  · 
 · 
vi_d

i assume you are not in the us right now... i once knew a guy who's last name was babak. does a name arch4 mean anything to you?

May 29, 05 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
Babak

no i am not and i have never been in US ,,,, ; )

May 29, 05 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
eeayeeayo

Most scholarships and grants for M.Arch programs are awarded by the individual schools. In general the more expensive the school, the more aid they award - however this doesn't automatically translate to a less expensive experience, since obviously even if you get a grant for half of your tuition at a school where tuition is $30,000 per year you will be paying more than if you get a $2000 scholarship at a school where tuition is $9000 per year....
There are certain schools - Princeton and Rice come to mind - that award more "full ride" scholarships in an average year than most other schools. There are other schools where pretty much all students can assume they'll get about half of their tuition provided in grants.

For a foreign student the situation can be trickier. Public (state) universities rarely fund foreign students welll at all - whereas private schools may or may not, as the policies vary from school to school. In general an interenational student would have to be considered exceptionally promising to be granted a large amount in scholarship/grant aid. Also most schools assume that US students will fund a large portion of their tuition and living expenses with federal student loans - but foreign students aren't eligible for most loans.
But at the same time, schools usually try to maximize diversity, so they do typically have some limited funding for promising international candidates.

You need to contact each school for their admissions and financial aid applications. Typically if you contact the financial aid administrator they'll let you know what an average financial aid package for an international student might consist of - but you're going to have to actually apply to some schools to find out specifically what they will offer you personally! Offers of financial aid usually come AFTER you are accepted to the school. Admissions deadlines are usually in December and January, admissions decisions come in March and April, and financial aid offers usually follow soon after admissions decisions.

May 29, 05 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

also research and consider what architecture schools are starting a new, or expanding an existing, m.arch program. I know this is a risk in terms of reputation/stability, but if you really can't afford graduate studies otherwise, take a serious look at this sort of program. When a program wants to expand, one of it's primary methods is often offering more scholarships to promising students.

May 29, 05 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: