you probably want one of these...

Apr 23, 05 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
sharpie.

which course? and track?

Apr 24, 05 2:14 am  · 
 · 
zironchef

haha naw im just some white kid trying to figure out what this architecture business is all about; However, I did visit the school and i saw quite a few of "those" marching around campus. They're so cool.

Apr 24, 05 9:02 am  · 
 · 
J3

You may want to sneak up the WAAC for a semester or two...but now with Marco Frascari gone, who knows what it will be like in the future.

Apr 24, 05 9:36 am  · 
 · 
lejourblanc

Hey I'm coming!

Apr 26, 05 12:04 am  · 
 · 
MiesvanderRice

sweet! get ready to detail those hung-ceilings!

Apr 26, 05 11:33 am  · 
 · 
cpl.kurt

haha, the "cookie".... nice! 

Sep 14, 11 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

the corps and architecture do not mix. be sure to hit up WAAC and link up w/ bretschneider. also, look into the transfer from 5th year to mendrisio. ah, if only i could go back in time...

Sep 14, 11 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

For grad or undergrad? Blacksburg is the schnizzle!

Sep 15, 11 12:29 am  · 
 · 
Justin Ather Maud

Scott Poole (sp?) the former head of the school of A + D at ViTech has left for a post at UT in Knoxville. He is taking his great PC admin skills with him to help the much maligned program there.  Certainly it is a career, rather than an altruistic, move for him. Much luck to him there. 

Aint that what high price administrators do? 

His interim replacement is Bill Galloway, a viruntlently vaunted racanteur from the graduate studios on the third floor of Cowgill Hall. I'm not interested in how Bill is at shiving the oh-so-progressive political agenda of the backwards-ass Virginia legislature, but I guess we'll see.

Poole came out of UT-Austin (not UT Tennessee), and is very good friends with Juhani Pallasmaa (currently on the Pritztker Jury Prize Committee).

Not sure if Bill has the same firepower in friends, but I don't think that kind of firepower is necessary in architecture.  Architecture can be talented and local, or rather, shoud be talented and local.  Nobody knows local like the locals. 

Sep 15, 11 1:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: