Archinect
anchor

Email from Gad. Div. (UCLA)

aisle#11

Just out of curiosity. How many people (who received their departmental acceptance letter from UCLA back in March) are still waiting for the email from the Grad. Div.?

I'm still waiting for it. Just want to know if I should be slightly worried or super-extremely worried.

Apr 19, 05 6:48 pm
Heywood Djabloughme

E-Gad?
EGAD!
sorry.

Apr 19, 05 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

i got it this morning.

Apr 19, 05 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
bloviate

STILL WAITING

Apr 19, 05 7:48 pm  · 
 · 
heterarch

still no email. still no letter of acceptance. still no letter of rejection. still no change on their online application site.
i was pretty sure that i applied there, but i'm beginning to wonder.
at this point, i really want to yell at them until they refund my application fee. i'm pretty sure that getting some sort of response was part of the deal.

Apr 19, 05 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
smuggs

I'm still waiting... They assured me that it is coming soon (about 4 weeks ago, then again two weeks ago, and last week when i visited the campus)

Apr 19, 05 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
ret

get on their asses. the graduate division is full..FULL of incompetent sons of bitches!!! swear.

Apr 20, 05 3:39 am  · 
 · 
barbaric

UCLA........Unnecessary Cruel and Lingering Answer.

het- I called them 2 weeks ago to see if they had my address right (which, surprise surprise, they did). You might wanna check on them. Or you know what? WHO CARES ANYMORE!

Apr 20, 05 4:03 am  · 
 · 
heterarch

only my ego cares... :)

Apr 20, 05 9:41 am  · 
 · 
barbaric

het- how much slower can this snail get?

Apr 21, 05 11:24 am  · 
 · 
smuggs

Anybody else hear from the grad division yet?
I should've went to Sci-Arc.. at least they were prompt (albeit a little late) in sending out their letters...

Apr 21, 05 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
ret

i had the same problem with ucla last year! watch out for the dreaded name "george ochoa" from the graduate division. once you get your acceptance letters, one from the grad division and the other from thedepartment, you might run into additional problems (esp if any of you are international students)....once again, call em, again and again..till you're satisfied! they will ask you to wait..don't

Apr 21, 05 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
RankStranger

I know my girlfriend is still waiting to hear from UC-Irvine's Graduate creative writing dept. They only accept 6 students and she's just about to go into meltdown. Maybe it's a california thing.

Apr 21, 05 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
aisle#11

I'm still waiting. Last week I called and the grad division said they have no files left from the arch dept.. I called the grad division again yesterday and the lady handling the files for arch dept. said she received some on 4/14 (the day before the deadline). My file was one of them, even though I received the dept acceptance letter on 3/19.

Call the grad division and check with them to make sure your file is there. The lady handling arch dept's files is actually very nice and helpful. She told me once they received the file it will usually take about 7-8 days to process. So in case they couldn't locate your file, call Jim and let him know.

Good luck to all of us....

Apr 21, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
smuggs

I received the departmental acceptance on 3/14, about the same time as you did. I figured it would take a little longer for mine because I'm an international student, but i'm going to give the Graduate div. a call right now just to see what is going on.

I just spoke to Jim and he said he'd try to see what was going on.
Hopefully they'll reply soon because i just sent the letter to SCI-Arc declining their offer...

Apr 21, 05 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
barbaric

What's this UCLA Blood-thingie about? What do you guys think the root of it is? And when and who is going on leave?

Apr 23, 05 3:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: