Archinect
anchor

Portfolio mid-review

BBetty

Hello all..

I am seeking feedback on the portfolio I will submit for advanced placement in an M. Arch I program for the fall of 2012. 

As it is a work in progress, I would appreciate comments on choice of content and overall impression, rather than specific layout/editing issues as I am not at the fine-toothed comb stage. There are placeholder brackets where I am working on the files to take their place.

Thanks

http://issuu.com/kbrodgers/docs/portfoliodraft

http://issuu.com/kbrodgers/docs/portfoliodraft

Aug 11, 11 2:50 pm
WINTERFRONT

No comments?? damnnn

Overall I think it's good, I personally can see the direction of your project... very easy to read.

Things I'm iffy about:

1) I'd change the human on the second and third page to SHADOW people instead. Don't erase it,  I know you need the human element there but real people don't usually mix well with portfolio,,, for one, you don't know if the person who is reviewing your portfolio is a fashion elitist. Second, you can make the SHADOW person look like any color you want, which is an advantage if you know how to play with colors.

2) The intro doesn't cut it for me. It's like very minimal at first, but then,  BOOM!! you begin the project.  But that ain't hurting your portfolio...

3) Last page, I'd get rid of those empty boxes... they are not doing anything really.

Overall, is beautiful portfolio!!!! (FOR ME) I'm taking ideas from your portfolio as well.

Aug 13, 11 7:53 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Looks fine.

I would move the first project towards the middle or back. The personal flying machine project starts off so strongly into 'I just might be insane' territory that the rest of the folios' rational approach to design comes accrss as a letdown. 

Aug 14, 11 1:23 am  · 
 · 
BBetty

WF - Thanks for the ideas, I'll definitely try shadowing the figure and reworking the cover. The empty boxes are placeholders for files I'm working on, need to get on that.

rusty - very interesting point, comically phrased :)... I'll see what content I can find/rework that is on par with that first project. thanks

Aug 15, 11 7:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: