Archinect
anchor

Number of graduating students from accredidated architecture programs stat?

gibson

I know you guys are resourceful and I need some help. 

I am looking for the number of students graduating from accredited architecture programs in the US for the following years, 2008, 2009, 2010.  It's for a project I am working on, but I need a real source, like AIAS, NCARB etc...not a general "shoot from the hip" estimate.

Also, NCARB posts the % pass rates for the ARE exam per division, but not the overall exam.  Does anyone know where to find how many newly licensed architects have entered the profession for the same above years? I know that 14,737 folks sat for the exam in 2010, but I want to know how many passed the exam and were actually awarded a license.

Thanks!

Aug 5, 11 2:45 pm
quizzical

I think NAAB tracks graduation statistics - they probably can give you those figures if you give them a call or send them an e-mail. Tracking the growth - or decline - in the number of licensed architects is much tougher because licenses are tracked at the state level and many of us are licensed in multiple states. In a perfect world, one would think NCARB would be best positioned to track this figure to eliminate multiple counting of architects licensed in multiple jurisdictions. however, since many licensed architects don't hold NCARB certification, even NCARB doesn't seem to know. I seem to recall that the Bureau of Labor Statistics may track an estimate of licensed architects from year to year. BLS has a daunting website, with tons of data. You might find something useful there. Just be careful you don't confuse "employment at architectural establishments" with "licensed architects".

Aug 5, 11 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks Quiz, yes I found the number of licensed architects @ the Labor Stats website.  Agreed, I am licensed in three states, and never joined NCARB, so I even if I went state to state, that final tally would be significantly inflated with the multiple license issue.  I'll keep calling.....

Aug 6, 11 11:10 am  · 
 · 

There was an Archinect feature related to your inquiry. Maybe you find some answers there.

Stairway to Architecture by Matthew Arnold

Aug 6, 11 5:44 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks Orhan, appreciate the referral.

Aug 7, 11 11:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: