Archinect
anchor

arata isozaki web page

natnatG

is this seriously his firms official homepage?

http://www.c-channel.com/c00005/index_en.html

Mar 8, 05 9:17 pm
form64

damn, it looks like something a student would quicky put together for a school project. (no offense to the mass of students here)

here's an opportunity for someone with skills to "upsell" him on something more reflective of his work. i'd do it on spec if i had the time.

Mar 9, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

this cant be it.
I think he does not have his official website, since that was the only one about him I was able to find.

Mar 9, 05 1:01 am  · 
 · 
guiggster

I believe it. I'm in Japan right now and this is a major generalization but... in general I don't think webdesign has been as developed here. Considering that English is the international language, esp. in webdesign, its possible that this becomes a hurdle for the japanese to overcome. That or their official sites are in Japanese and thus harder to find. I don't know Tadao Ando's name in kanji but the only proper site I found for him was a link page tadaoando.com and a photgraphers website andotadao.org. Yeah, I rambled.

Mar 9, 05 1:29 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

like arata isozaki needs a webpage...

Mar 9, 05 5:47 pm  · 
 · 
herbst

I kinda like it.

Mar 9, 05 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i think the only people who visit architects websites are people looking for jobs

Mar 9, 05 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
natnatG

maybe its just me, but I think keeping a nice website is important for architects and other artists.
I visit many architects websites regularly.

Mar 10, 05 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
e

vado, not so sure about that. i did a site for some local architects and a week after it went up, they got a call from a person. said he found their web site, liked their work, and they landed a nice size job.

Mar 10, 05 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

could be e, but every firm i have worked for has gotten jobs through referral(sp?) or someone just driving by a project and liking it. i think a website is a good way for an existing client to check on their project however.

Mar 10, 05 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
e

word of mouth is the best way to get clients.

Mar 10, 05 6:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: