Archinect
anchor

Office Toys

Colm

I've got a specialty leggo construction front end loader as a utensile holder.

What office toys do you have by your desk? Recommendations?

Mar 7, 05 1:28 pm
A

Employee Handbook - great for soaking up spilled coffee, spitting old gum into or using to sweep away eraser dust.

Mar 7, 05 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

I shouldn't say it, but...

A 100% realistic .38 that dispenses tiny jelly bean bullets. Best part is that when you fire it it sounds exactly like a gun. You should see people's reactions.

Mar 7, 05 1:36 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

Hanging out on my desk are:
Godzilla and Mechagodzilla (who I affectionately refer to as Mr. Roboto) 6 in figurines.
Necky- its a stuffed thing, a gift, I love it, although I don't know what it is. It's head zips open and reveals it's brain.

Mar 7, 05 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
drgonzo

an empty Cheez-Its box.

Mar 7, 05 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
J3

2-eraser/push-pin "dog" figures, a plastic aquarium, my "towlie - plush talking action figure" (from South Park) with choice phrases like: "I have no Idea what's going on, don't forget to bring a towel, and don't preach to me fatso!... etc.", but my most recent aquisition is a sample for pigeon deterrent spikes across the top of my screen, which has drawn blood from several idiots trying to reach over my screen (including me)

Mar 7, 05 2:21 pm  · 
 · 
French

empty chewing gum pack. I twist them over and over all day long.

Mar 7, 05 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

I phoned a Glasgow based practice today to contact an ex-student, in the background I could swear I could hear ping-pong. When I asked "Is it just me, or does it sound like someone's playing ping pong in the background?" the secretary informed me that yes, indeed, the boss and the staff like to play a bit of ping pong during lunch,

wow!

now that could only happen in an architecture practice. I think...

Mar 7, 05 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
French

well it used to happen a lot in my office too, but I guess we got to passionate at staring at our screens now...

Mar 7, 05 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

M_monte... where can one purchase one of these jelly bean dispensers?

i have a miniature mini cooper, two small plastic dinosaurs with floating captions glued to thier heads (cursing in japanese), and a stuffed 'feathers' the penguin from wallace and grommet.

oh and signum, my wife works at cingular and they have a game room with air hockey, ping pong, and video games galore.

Mar 7, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

oh and we used to have one of those folding scooters...

Mar 7, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

we have a lanky high school intern.

Mar 7, 05 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

sweet. we used to have one. she was sooo shy she would just about cry if you talked to her.

Mar 7, 05 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

a high school intern that is.

Mar 7, 05 8:30 pm  · 
 · 
gillespie

i have my red swingline, some pottery, and one of those cows on parade.

Mar 7, 05 10:20 pm  · 
 · 
form64

more of a home-made toy:

back when everyone had a Pierce cordless electric eraser, we would slit the tip of the eraser lengthwise with your exacto, then insert an excato blade in the slit and pin in in place with a paper clip. the we made a shield out of foam core then let the "fencing" commence with the whirling exacto blades between coworkers.

Mar 8, 05 12:16 am  · 
 · 
optimk

Optimus Prime the transformer.

Mar 8, 05 2:44 am  · 
 · 
anARCHy

a magic '8' ball

Mar 8, 05 9:26 am  · 
 · 
J3

gillespie, glad to read someone else has the RED Swingline.

Mar 8, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
mm

A friend got me a posable little human figurine, the type used to sketch the human form. It's very fun to play with and pose.

Mar 8, 05 11:46 am  · 
 · 
ross

five paperclips that I have twisted into neat little sculptures.

Mar 8, 05 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
veuxdeux

set of Oliblocks, looked fun in the musuem gift shop, however there are only about four differnet things you can do with them.

Mar 8, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
Anonymous

We had a razor scooter at my old firm. Friday evenings to kick off happy hour one of the pricipals would race around the office against a co-worker to see who could get the best time. Then to mix it up the contest evolved to seeing who could make it the fartest around the office while not putting their feet on the ground once they picked up speed in the designated area and took off. All this while the rest of us looked on from the patio while downing some cold beer.

Mar 8, 05 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: