Archinect
anchor

Sticking it to "The Man"

momentum

I heard someone on the radio the other day talking about this, and I was just wondering what those of you out there do to stick it to "The Man"?

Mar 4, 05 7:16 pm
Ms Beary

Smile and say hi.

Mar 4, 05 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

BURP...... as loud and freqently as i can

Mar 4, 05 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

Wait a minute. Maybe YOU'RE 'the Man' and you're trying to get us to reveal ourselves. I'm onto you. I'm not revealing any of my means or methods.

Mar 5, 05 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
gillespie

that's not our job. we just design ways to stick it to the man. the means and methods of sticking it to the man are clearly within the purview of the contractor. once we tried specifying ways to stick it to the man, but the project manager just value engineered the hell out of it.

Mar 5, 05 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
AP

I've found that quick tite works better than elmers

Mar 6, 05 12:18 am  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

I think it depends on what you are sticking to the man and what part of him you’re trying to stick it to.

Mar 6, 05 12:49 am  · 
 · 
AP

touche'

Mar 6, 05 12:51 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

I drive at or just under the speed limit.

Mar 7, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

So many things...

At parties where the host is someone I don't know, I like to shut off the water to the toilet, sink, and tub. I also like to unscrew most of the lightbulbs in the bathroom.

When someone is not looking, I like to drop a beef boullion cube into their beer.

Clog public toilets with my output.

But the best is this:

When I worked at a clothing retail flagship store in the city with tons of employees I once took two brand new bottles of hand lotion and emptied the lotion completely out. Then I filled one bottle with mayonaise, and the other with Liquid Paper (and that was ALOT of containers of the stuff).

I then placed the bottles on the tables in the break room where people were always passing through. I have no idea who used it, but when one of my friends told me about someone getting "some white paint" all over their hands, I almost puked laughing.

Man, mayonaise is so sick, so hard to wash off your hands, you know?

That was such a great day. I planned on doing the same thing again at the DMV while renewing my driver's license, but too many coppers around.

Mar 7, 05 12:04 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Another good one:

Buy one of those lice combs and dip the tips in fake blood. While blood is still wet, sprinkle with two shakes of salt.

Place in a strategic location under a coworkers desk, or on the counter in the office bathroom.

Sit back and enjoy knowing someone got really, really grossed out.

Mar 7, 05 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

What does "sticking it to teh man mean" ?

Mar 7, 05 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

As far as I see it, "The Man" is any person or authoritative group you dont' care for - someone who can come down on you.

Mar 7, 05 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

quote = M_Montenegro

"When I worked at a clothing retail flagship store in the city with tons of employees I once took two brand new bottles of hand lotion and emptied the lotion completely out. Then I filled one bottle with mayonaise, and the other with Liquid Paper (and that was ALOT of containers of the stuff).

I then placed the bottles on the tables in the break room where people were always passing through. I have no idea who used it, but when one of my friends told me about someone getting "some white paint" all over their hands, I almost puked laughing.

Man, mayonaise is so sick, so hard to wash off your hands, you know?

That was such a great day. I planned on doing the same thing again at the DMV while renewing my driver's license, but too many coppers around."

funniest thing i have read on archinect. period.

Mar 7, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

It was rather amusing I admit.

Thanks Manteno

Mar 7, 05 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

Always glad to be of service. :)

Mar 7, 05 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
e

classic manteno.

Mar 7, 05 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
CJarch

MM - amusing as it may be that hardly qualifies as sticking it to the man.

go egg walmart or something.

Mar 7, 05 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

This is a good one.

Mar 7, 05 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
CJarch

white out? fart machines?

weak sauce. watch fight club. that's stickin it to the man.

Mar 7, 05 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
CJarch

STICKING IT TO-
Informal. To put blame or responsibility on; burden: stuck me with the bill.
Slang. To defraud or cheat: The dealer stuck me with shoddy merchandise

THE MAN-
A person or group felt to be in a position of power or authority.

Mar 7, 05 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
ArchAngel

AKA "Mr. Man"

Mar 7, 05 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

back in my third year of undergrad ('88), roy orbison's 'workin' for the man' was our studio theme song.

could be heard almost any hour, day or night, recorded or sung (badly) by one of us.

not that it bothered 'the man' at all...

Mar 7, 05 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: