Archinect
anchor

How To?

ARCHITKD

Hey guys, does anyone know the best way to move to the UK?

I am interested in moving to London in a few years, ani just don't know the procedure. It seems to me that I if I moved in five years or so, and I have my license I will have to start all over again. It just seems it will be much harder to get work as an American.

From what I hear, none of the local offices will hire me only the American companies.

Mar 3, 05 7:13 am
duke19_98

Go through a large firm in the states and transfer over. That's your best option.

Mar 3, 05 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
kakacabeza

Get a Master's Degree
Get 2 years work experience
Either Earn over 27,000 pounds per year, or get married to someone else with a degree.
Do this before you turn 28

you're in.

or marry a brit.

http://www.skillclear.co.uk/hsmp-highly-skilled-migrant-programme-further-information.asp

Mar 3, 05 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHITKD

Thanks alot Kakacabeza for that website. It was very helpful. I see hwy you said before 28, but in my case, I am already 30 and planning to get married next year. As far as the 27,000 pounds. I don't know how much US Dollars that comes up to.

Thanks again
ARCHITKD

Mar 3, 05 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: