Archinect
anchor

Approaching M.ARCH admissions with low gpa

j.i.m

Hello,

I graduated with a pre-professional degree in architecture (BED) this past May with a 2.6 overall GPA. I was just wondering if there were any in similar shoes who got admissions into an M.ARCH program. Ultimately, I want to enroll in an M.ARCH(accredited program) because obtaining an architectural license is a requirement where I live.

I interned at an architecture firm for a semester during my undergraduate studies and am currently interning at a different architecture firm for at least this next year while I figure out the feasibility of enrolling in an M.ARCH. My GPA is low because of my first year, where I started out with below a 2.0. My second year wasn't much better, but still around a 2.5. It wasn't until I interned in my fall third year that I realized how badly I'd been messing up and got a 3.0+ in my last four semesters.

I know some programs consider your last 60 credit hours, but I'm just seeking general advice, especially if anyone has gotten admission based on their last 60 credit hours GPA.

Thank you!

Aug 26, 24 5:12 pm
OM..

Chin up, you can definitely get into a Master's program. The portfolio always carries the most weight so be sure to present your work in the best possible light. 

Your cover letter should briefly address the growth and development you've explained above. 

Aug 28, 24 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: