Archinect
anchor

Undergrad in US, Masters and License in UK?

Natt

Hello All,

I am a recent graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Architecture (a four year degree) in the United States and am currently logging hours under NCARB. I have been interested in getting licensed and working in the United Kingdom for quite some time now, and was wondering what my options for completing my Masters in the UK would look like. I know about the three-part process, and have seen that certain degrees in the UK either qualify you for/exempt you from certain parts (I'm a little unclear on which exactly it is). I'm curious where a four-year bachelor's degree from the US would put me in terms of the UK licensing process. Would I be able to apply to and attend university in the UK for a Masters program? Or would I be expected to complete some other steps/exams before doing so? In addition to that, are any of my NCARB hours transferrable, or will I need to complete the ARB's work requirements at a UK firm? 

I appreciate any help I can get, and look forward to your answers!

Aug 21, 24 12:34 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: