Archinect
anchor

Would I be a strong candidate for some of the top MArch programs?

Bli557

Hello all,

I have just finished up my masters of community planning and I am taking a gap year to try and prepare for my MArch applications. My professors believe that I would be a very strong candidate for the GSD and any University I apply to. I hope that they are right, but I am so nervous that I would be one of the many people that would be applying and that I wouldn't stand out. Most of my planning class went into government and politics and I truthfully don't know where I stand in the design world. I have been self teaching myself architecture along with the software's and skills needed. I hope to go to a good school so that I am able to study parametric design and focus on these beautiful forms that able to be produced through these programs. I just don't know if I would be a strong candidate or not and was hoping to have some insights. 

Portfolio (It needs a lot of work and I am still working on it): https://www.behance.net/galler...

GPA: 3.7

Work Experience: I have worked at a large well known architecture firm, a smaller architecture firm, and a planning firm, and I recently have been working with my professor and his research along with helping teach the studio classes. I would say my work experience is nothing special besides the fact I worked at architecture firms.

I understand that these are not the only criteria's that schools look at but these are some of the major factors that go into the application.

Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 2, 24 3:27 pm
Non Sequitur

probably one of the best folios I’ve seen here in a very long time.  Maybe consider working on smaller scale perspectives but the colourful apocalyptic stuff is totally my jam. 

Aug 2, 24 3:33 pm  · 
3  · 
Bli557

I appreciate it, I can't take too much credit for them because Michael Hansmeyer developed the work flows. I just developed my own based off his research. I am still trying to figure out ways to take those forms and make them into architectural details, and figuring out ways to control those process.

Aug 2, 24 3:46 pm  · 
 · 

Completely agree with this. From a planning standpoint, this is fantastic, but I would love to see more small-scale/human scale.

Aug 2, 24 3:50 pm  · 
2  · 
robhaw

Your portfolio is great, so don't stress. 

In my opinion, it is recommendation letters that make the difference as to who gets in the top programmes. 

Portfolio is of course the primary weighting factor in applications, but after all everyone applying to the top chools has a perfect portfolio, so the call between two top candidates competing for the same spot would be determined by the quality of the recommendation and the status of the person providing it. 

Aug 4, 24 1:55 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: