Archinect
anchor

Looking for critique on my Portfolio

yaelmoinzadeh

Hi, I recently graduated and am looking for feedback on my interior design portfolio. Sorry if this might not be the right place, but it seems like the best place for portfolio feedback since the field work closely together. 

My portfolio can be viewed at 

https://yaelmk.com/

Jul 23, 24 12:24 am
OM..

Here are some quick thoughts:

- I suggest you upload your portfolio onto Issuu. The website you're using is bloated so the pages load too slowly. It took many clicks to view the work. Reviewers want to see the work immediately after clicking link. 

- Think of your portfolio as being "self-presenting." The viewer should be able to understand the big ideas on each spread instantly. I just see your floor plans but do not know what I should be looking for. Currently, I can only judge them on technical competency or representation. 

- Add some captions, diagrams, and descriptive text to show the viewer your thinking. 

- This is a personal preference, but I think your spreads should have more white space. Less full bleed images unless you want to really emphasize them. 

- Find other portfolios on Issuu that you like and think about why you're drawn to them. Why do those stand out, and in which ways to they show the projects in a better light than yours might. 

Jul 29, 24 3:31 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: