Archinect
anchor

Columbia GSAPP vs TU Delft MArch

omgMatcha

I have a full-ride scholarship and just got offered a spot in GSAPP's MArch, waiting for TU Delft's reply.

Excluding the cost considerations, does anyone have any advice/opinions about both schools? I am thinking that TU Delft is a much greater fit academically for a more engineering/environmental/computational perspective to Architecture, but GSAPP might offer more opportunities and networking, even for Architecture related fields.(well, Ivy League + it's New York!) Thanks in advance!

Mar 8, 24 12:02 am
watermelonsunday

full ride?? that means they WANT YOU. congratulations! i would go gsapp

Mar 8, 24 12:22 am  · 
 · 
omgMatcha

I meant that I have an external scholarship that would fund either option oops! Hence I wanted to compare Delft Vs GSAPP regardless of cost haha

Mar 8, 24 7:51 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

cost is the only consideration necessary. Take the free money and laugh at the dumb ones shelling out 100k + for art degrees. 

Mar 8, 24 6:01 am  · 
 · 
omgMatcha

Ah sry! I meant that my full-ride scholarship is external, and they would fund either option haha. Hence I said excluding cost considerations, which I am very fo
rtunate to have!

Mar 8, 24 7:49 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

If you're not planning on staying in Europe to work (which you need sponsorship for) then study in the USA. It depends where you want to get licensed...

Mar 8, 24 1:52 pm  · 
 · 

TU Delft is very good. It is also quite large and can be hit or miss at times. It does have a technical bent, but am not sure it is correct to assume it is better at computational or data-driven work (if that is what you meant?). Both have good connections. Depends on where you want to work after graduation. Intuitively GSAPP will be recognized and useful in more places than TU Delft, but ultimately it is about you. The fact you could get into GSAPP probably means you will do well even if you dont ultimately go there...

Mar 9, 24 9:59 am  · 
 · 
robhaw

I am only familiar with Delft. Since cost doesn't affect you I would advise to study at the country you want to practise but also pay attention to the curriculum. One benefit of the school is that the academic year is organised in quarters instead of semesters  which means that you can cover a greater variety of subjects and get an overall allrounder education which fits more the profile of the architect as a generalist. Also, the school is multidisciplinary and you can take courses from various tracks like Urbanism, Real Estate, Building Engineering etc, so not just Architecture. So think of what kind of architect you wish to be at the end. There is also the Berlage that has an interesting series of seminars at a more advanced level. On the other hand, the TU Delft is a large school which I think affects the student to staff ratio, and that can have an implication on how much 1-1 time you get with tutors. 

Mar 10, 24 6:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: