Archinect
anchor

pursue master in the UK or the US?

Myungsun Kim

I'm a student who is considering where to pursue a master's degree in architecture, either in the UK or the US. I have obtained my bachelor's degree from a country other than these two, so I've opted for a master's degree to broaden my horizons and perspectives. Therefore, I'm putting aside discussions about the curriculum for now and focusing on which country, between the UK and the US, offers better prospects in the job market after graduation. As an international student graduating with a master's degree, I'm curious about which country, the UK or the US, provides better opportunities for employment. Additionally, I'm interested in knowing if it's possible to stay in either country for about three years after securing a job, assuming I perform well and there are no unexpected obstacles. I only have acquaintances in the US, so it's challenging for me to compare the situation with the UK. I'd appreciate any insights or assistance on this matter.

p.s. I have to make decision before 18th of march, due date for paying tuition fee............

Feb 20, 24 11:19 pm
watermelonsunday

which city do u want to live in? 

Feb 21, 24 7:27 am  · 
 · 
Myungsun Kim

I applied for schools in New York and London. Ive never been to both cities so… should I just think simply and choose where to live in?

Feb 22, 24 1:19 am  · 
 · 
watermelonsunday

u should consider all the factors like where u want to live, where u want to work, what kind of firms u want to work in, if there are any specifically in nyc or ldn. check the riba salary chart, the starting salary for part 2 architectural assistants is not so great. for the states u can check the aia calculator although i’m not sure if it’s accurate. have u weighed the pros and cons of each program? cost? (imo it is most important) faculty? research? student life? student work? which school does better work, which school do u see yourself enjoying more?

Feb 22, 24 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
vividkreations

Both the UK and US offer strong job prospects in architecture for international graduates. However, the US may provide slightly more opportunities due to its larger market size and diverse architectural landscape. Both countries typically offer options for international graduates to stay and work for a few years after securing a job, provided visa requirements are met.

Feb 23, 24 6:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: