Archinect
anchor

Where to get portfolio content for M. Landscape Architecture admittance.

KingsMake

I have been doing a lot of research on the career and it seems to align with my skills and interests. I am 28, have an undergraduate degree in entrepreneurship with a decent GPA. My parents always swayed me away from the more "creative" fields because creativity does not always lead to stable careers, but I will be very happy working up to a job that will top out at $120k/year while doing what I love and am good at. I am doing a job that I hate right now and it is terrible for my mental health and life outlook. I am surviving the days just to come home to work all evenings on design work that I love doing. 

I took on many side jobs in industrial design, 3D modeling, rendering... etc, so I know programs like Adobe Suite, Rhino, C4D, V-Ray cold -to a lesser extent- Grasshopper. I feel like I have most of the tools, but I need to really start focusing on landscape architecture. I started applying for internships/jobs in the field, but for sake of graduate school how can I get content for my portfolio? Should I just look to online competitions? Should I show unrelated work in the arts?

Tired of being all over the place and its time to focus.

Thank you!

Feb 19, 24 5:03 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: