Archinect
anchor

Sciarc_Worst ever school where I've graduate!!!!!!!!!!

chcho

I am foreigner who gradeate in Sciarc as a M-arch-1 program.

In korea to get a architect license, I have to prove that I get a NAAB program.

I emailed to Admin office to send me syllabus but they said that they will send me those but they keep ignoring my request for over 5years

For those who are eager to go to Sciarc as a international student, I do not recommend to apply to sciarc.

I am so sad that I can not get architect license in Korea because of my graduate in Sciarc.

Below are history of my email

Jan 17, 24 1:34 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

Wow, it appears you should've done a better job of archiving and saving your files and work.

Jan 17, 24 2:50 pm  · 
2  · 
natematt

Wait, when did you graduate and when did you start trying to get this info? I'm sort of on with B3t that you should probably have done a better job saving your own files, especially if you KNEW this was a requirement as I assume anyone in your situation would. Why the school couldn't help you get recent documents from comparable clases though... that's a fair criticism. Sorry bout your broken harddrive, and the trouble you're having, but this dosn't really sound like the school's fault either. 

Jan 17, 24 6:04 pm  · 
1  · 

Shouldn't a school keep a syllabus on file of every course it has offered under an NAAB accreditation though? I feel like that's part of what the school is required to do.

Jan 17, 24 6:44 pm  · 
5  · 
natematt

but for how many cycles of accreditation?

Jan 18, 24 11:50 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

why did you wait 10 years to get your license?

Jan 17, 24 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
smaarch

I well imagine your accredited SCI-Arc degree and transcript should satisfy the "letter" of requirements. APPLY.

Jan 18, 24 1:25 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

Honestly, here is the recent one: https://issuu.com/sci-arc/docs...

So you make your own - from your transcript and you write the descriptions of the classes as you remember them - what did you do, what was the end product, were there exams, group work, trips? I had to do this for my EU license. Same process. They're mostly interested in the credit hours and types of classes to compare to their own degree programs. You're asking too much of Sci-Arc... do it yourself!

Jan 18, 24 5:23 am  · 
 · 

Unless Korea is unique in some ways not apparent above, this is the best advice. I went through the same process to get my license in Europe as well. The amount of time dedicated to architecture education seemed to be the main thrust of the exercise. I used my transcript and a course calendar online and did it myself. It was not particularly difficult. Went through a similar process in Japan later on. Tedious but also not difficult. Is Korea so strict that everything must come from Sci-Arc to be accepted, and course calendars cant include a note that descriptions are slightly different because of time passed?

Jan 18, 24 10:26 am  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

I agree. Fake it till you make it. It's the Sci Arc way.

Jan 18, 24 10:38 am  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

NCARB is similarly strict, I wasn't allowed to translate my syllabus, had to come directly from the school ,and since the school doesn't operate in english, they don't do it. 15 years later I just don't want to get a license. Good for Koreans.

Jan 18, 24 11:34 am  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

Sad that NCARB was so strict with you. They certainly turn a blind eye to dishonesty in the AXP program.

Jan 19, 24 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
The_Crow

I kind of hate Sci-Arc and in this scenario honestly think OP is at fault. 

Jan 18, 24 9:55 am  · 
1  · 
haruki

Gosh, asking SCI-arc's registrar's office to dig up 10 year and older syllabi for all of the courses the original poster took is kind of asking a lot. It seems like the former student should have kept better records for themself but what do I know. Since they intend to translate from English to Korean anyway why not just write up a description of each class that you took from memory. Surly you at least have a list of every class you took so it shouldn't be very difficult. 

Jan 21, 24 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

yes exactly this

Jan 22, 24 3:18 am  · 
 · 
reallynotmyname

It's good practice to keep copies of all course syllabi and some examples of your schoolwork.   There is really no excuse not to in this age of PDFs, stick drives, and cameras in phones. 

Jan 22, 24 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: