Archinect
anchor

Book of standards diagrams

BriGaut

Hi all, 

New to the forum with one very specific question. I'm an interior designer with a real estate developer, and we also dabble in urban design as well. 

It's extremely fast-paced and I don't always have time to delve deep into all the different construction standards for this or that. Not to say, we skip them, but I personally would like more options in terms of possibilities. 

In the past, I've found the website dimensions.com helpful in a jiff. But it seems limited. I have a mountain of standards books but.....there's too much writing! I don't have the time to sit there and read pages and pages, when all I need are dimensions. Yes, I am asking for a picture book.

Is there, at all, a book out there that is just filled with diagrams and measurements - similar to dimensions.com. Whether it's construction, architecture, interior design, urban design?

I am aware that different countries will have different standards, and that's not an issue for me. Any information would at least be a good starting point.

Thank you!

Jan 3, 24 12:37 pm
JLC-1

neufert architect's data or architectural graphic standards

Jan 3, 24 1:02 pm  · 
2  · 
Almosthip

I second Architectural Graphic Standards

Jan 3, 24 1:59 pm  · 
3  · 
JLC-1

didn't know there's an online subscription, the fee is very reasonable.

Jan 3, 24 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
proto

still have my 7th edition here on the shelf...seems to still cover quite a lot despite the world moving on from some of the things illustrated

Jan 3, 24 3:29 pm  · 
1  · 
luvu

I have a couple of books from Japan ;  interior  , bathrooms, kitchens chairs etc from  Kinokuniya , great illustrations/diagrams. Don’t think you can get them online though …so if you ever go to Japan! ,  otherwise Neufert

Jan 4, 24 6:21 am  · 
 · 
gibbost

Second to AGS would be: Time Saver Standards for Interior Design and Space Planning.  Incredibly useful with hundreds of diagrams and drawings. 

Here is a pdf version if you'd like to download or simply peruse before you by the book: https://www.academia.edu/52145...

Jan 4, 24 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: