Archinect
anchor

B Arch or M Arch

HopefulArchitect

I'm thinking of going back to school to become an architect, current degree in unrelated field. Would it be more beneficial to go back for a Bachelors or Masters? Since I have the basics out of the way already both would take about 3 years. Reason I'm thinking about Bachelors is I don't have a portfolio and I've been out of the academic world long enough that it would be difficult to get references. 

Dec 14, 23 10:12 pm
Non Sequitur
  1. why architecture?
  2. How do you know you have the basics?
  3. How much do you know about architecture school and architecture practice?
  4. What do you have to show for as folio material? Do you draw, sculpt, paint?
  5. See point 1 above.
Dec 15, 23 7:45 am  · 
1  · 
reallynotmyname

Check on the financial aid situation for second bachelor's degrees.   When I was in school, the aid was very limited for second bachelors and much more plentiful for graduate degrees.  I suspect a masters will make more sense if you already have a degree.

Consider taking some intro-level community college classes in drawing, sculpture, or computer illustration to generate some portfolio material and connect with teachers who can give you recommendations.

Dec 15, 23 9:13 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: