Archinect
anchor

Suggestions for good MArch

potato_arch

Hello,

I have a BA in architecture and I am now looking into Masters Programs that I could apply to, but I can't seem to decide. I don't necessarily want to break my bank account with Ivy League schools, but I am willing to consider it if I feel I could fit in/ best option. I am looking for a place that focuses more on sustainability and more on the technical side rather than theoretical. Any suggestions?

Nov 25, 23 6:38 pm
newbie.Phronesis

Don't go into Ivy school levels of debt for an architecture degree. Just don't.

For sustainability focused schools, which country/continent are you looking into?

Nov 26, 23 12:48 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

take the absolute cheapest option. Don’t spend 20k+ per year on an arch degree. 

Nov 26, 23 6:49 am  · 
3  · 

On this same line of thinking. You shouldn't be going into debt more than 2.5x your starting salary. Understand that you average starting salary will be around $40k a year. Obviously large metro areas (NYC, San Fran, ect) will pay much more however, the cost of living is also much higher.

Nov 27, 23 2:07 pm  · 
2  · 
joseffischer

where's all this $40k/yr stuff coming from?  We're more like $65k.  That's $19.23/hr assuming you're not putting in extra time.  Might as well pull a shift doing ANYTHING else and lazily stock the shelves, sweep the floors, whatever

Nov 27, 23 4:09 pm  · 
 · 

Where do you work though Joe? As I said in my comment above larger metro areas will have much higher salaries.

Look at the AIA compensation report or various online sources like ZipRecruiter or the AIA salary calculator.  Keep in mind the AIA salary calculator only has info for larger metro areas.  

Nov 27, 23 4:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: