Archinect
anchor

M.Arch I (unrelated BA) application question

holly72

Hi everyone :) I am applying to M.ARCH I programs. I have a BA in international relations and journalism, and four years post-grad I am finally making the decision to pursue architecture following a lifelong love of architecture and design. I have been contemplating this for many years, and I'm finally deciding to go for it. I would love some advice in regards to pre-reqs. I don't have any advanced (or even basic) university coursework in calculus, physics, etc. I know a lot of programs have summer workshops prior to the fall semester beginning. Would love some advice on whether you think my lack of relevant coursework will impact my application, or perhaps if completing relevant pre-req following an acceptance (hopefully) will suffice. 

Thank you :) 

Nov 20, 23 12:15 pm
koratheexplorer

Don't worry too much about the pre-reqs - they will not impact your applications, and when you hopefully get in somewhere you can just complete whatever school-specific ones before enrolling!

The most important part of the application is the portfolio, so put your time and energy towards that. Good luck!

Nov 26, 23 2:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: