Archinect
anchor

'24 Cycle Applicants: How many portfolio versions do you have?

ofls

Applying to 8 M.Arch programs, I'm looking at... 

• 12"x18", <30pg. 
  • "screen size", <30pg. 
  • 8.5"x11", <20pg.
  • 9x12/A4, <30pg. 
  • Another "screen optimized", <20pg.
  • A slideroom upload
  • Parchment scroll, sent by carrier pigeon 

And all with varying compression limits, color spaces, etc. This is partially a "haha wtf" post, but any advice or tips about how to best go about optimizing the experience would be appreciated. 

Illustrator makes it fairly straightforward to change artboard sizes, but I still foresee a good deal of tweaking on each individual submission to get it looking right. Why is there no common standard? Is it just some sick practice for permit submittals?

Nov 7, 23 7:52 pm
Zorbon the Builder

I only have one set at 30 page limit. If I make a different version is will only be to reduce the page of file size count for a program.

Nov 7, 23 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
ar81

2 main versions: one at 8.5" x 11" and less than 10mb, and a larger version at 12" x 18" and less than 40mb. Will probably still export unique versions for each program because even within that range there are slightly different requirements.

Nov 9, 23 9:10 am  · 
 · 
lh11

this is pretty late but i stumbled upon this small thread and oh my god the frustration i felt with these ptfl requirements!!! i applied to 3 schools and i had 3 portfolios that just varied in number of pages (42,30 and 20, 20 seems absurd to me but oh well) and dont even get me started on the file sizes!!!! theres honestly no point in this comment just wanted to express how annoying it was lolol

Feb 15, 24 10:12 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: