Archinect
anchor

A way to a great architect ?

ayoub

Hello everyone! 

I hope you're all doing well, well I'm an architecture student, I've successfully passed my first year, It was as expected learning basics and so on , but I didn't feel that I learnt something great, I don't like waiting a lot for the university's classes that aren't enough.

All in all, I want to improve my "architect view" , I ask you who has more experience than me to give me advices about " where can I inspire? How can I understand more architecture? Books and architects that changed your life as an architect or as a student ?

Thank you ! 

Happy to be here! 

Sep 20, 23 4:57 pm

Don't take this as an insult but you don't know what you don't know.  It's going to be difficult for you to ask relevant questions that will give you meaningful answers.  Also, your first year of any program has very little actual architectural instruction.  It's basically just a 'dip your toe in the fountain' type of thing.  

Don't be discouraged by this!  That's how everyone is in the beginning. 

I'd speak to:

• Professors
  • Local architects
  • Upper level classmen
  • Your classmates 

I personally like the following architects and their work:

• David Salmela
  • James Cutler
  • Samuel Mockbee

Good luck! 

Sep 20, 23 5:17 pm  · 
3  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: