Archinect
anchor

hand drawing and digital drawing.

Hello, I am trying to establish a corrollary between hand drawing and digital drawing - primarily 3D software. Does anyone have any suggestions of architects that have done this, or could you suggest some drawings or designers? 

Cheers!

Sep 9, 23 8:10 pm

Autocad in 2D is drawing. BIM isn't drawing, it's modeling. Sketch Up is sketching, seriously, but in pseudo-3D.

Sep 11, 23 12:58 pm  · 
1  · 
curtkram

I drew a floor plan in revit with filled regions the other day 

Sep 11, 23 10:16 pm  · 
2  · 

I do believe you need your ass kicked for that.

Sep 11, 23 11:19 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

I had a staff member create a bunch of global parameters just so he could make a 2x3 cell table using the info in those one time use parameters... probably took them 2hrs to figure it out instead of just using detail group lines and text. That's worse than fill region plans (Our int-des do this all the time... yes I know there are better tools, I'm still working on teaching basic line weights)

Sep 11, 23 11:23 pm  · 
1  · 

I do a LOT of drawing in Bluebeam. Not CDs, but space plans and site diagrams and whatnot. I love Bluebeam.

Sep 12, 23 1:38 pm  · 
4  · 
rightangledevelopers

Traditional drawing instruments like pencils are used while drawing by hand, whereas computer software and hardware are used when drawing digitally.

Sep 14, 23 6:54 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

You must write killer fortune cookies.

Sep 14, 23 7:32 am  · 
 · 

That's one hell of a first post. I guess you've set the bar quite low and you can only improve from here on?

Sep 14, 23 9:07 am  · 
 · 
____

Tautological humor is like atonal music in that it is an acquired taste and it is not appreciated by many people.

Sep 15, 23 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

4'33"

Sep 15, 23 6:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: