Archinect
anchor

Bs arch undergrad

erinn

Hi,

I’m a rising high school senior who is looking to major in Architecture in college. However, I’m not completely set on it, so I’m unsure whether I should commit to a five year B.Arch program. I was considering a B.S. degree in Arch instead so that I have more freedom to explore other interests in undergrad. My problem is a lot of the schools that I’ve been drawn to only offer BA or BArch. So far I have UPitt and MIT. If someone could recommend more urban schools that offer BS that would be great! 

Aug 10, 23 3:53 pm
Non Sequitur

don’t waste your time and money on non-accredited degrees. 

Aug 10, 23 5:57 pm  · 
1  · 
natematt

I’d take a slightly different approach than NS.

Depending on your circumstances it may make more sense. I lived in a state that only had BS degrees, so in the end it made more sense for me to just do a 4+2 option.

However, I would agree that if your options reasonably included a 5 year accredited degree… you should just go that way. It’s really not that different than the 4 year degrees except a few more classes obviously, and it makes for a potentially much faster, easier, and often cheaper path to the profession. 

Aug 11, 23 1:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: