Archinect
anchor

Which area should I study?

architect A

Where should I study?

Each place has each different style of architecture.Some states have a lot of cookie cutter houses registerd. Some have the most skyscrapers registerd among all types of buildings.When you put the name of a state in a search bar in Achi diary, you would see some states have more buildings registered than others.

The type of building I am fascinated the most is residential houses and the style of architecture I am fascinated the most is tropical modernism or the ones that comes with quite a lot of vegetation.it's like I prefer houses in Texas or Florida to ones in Chicago.

If one has decided going into higher eduction to study further about  architecture,  should they study at a university in an area where they would easily come across real examples of the types of architecture they are into? I thought it was good because you might have an easier access to have a closer look or study on a site (it's probably hard to do that with someone's houses or you may be allowed to have just a quick look while walking past the building, but possible to do that with commercial buildings whose style of architecture you are into.)When you live hours' drives away from buildings whose styles you are into, each time you waste a lot of time and money on visiting there.

(Let's put aside here the fact that it's unimaginabley expensive for a student coming from an ordinary family to live in a place like Chicago or Florida and to go into massive student loan on graduating.)

Jul 13, 23 11:13 am

Hi chatbot!  

Jul 13, 23 12:25 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

unimaginably expensive to to live in FL, lol.

Jul 13, 23 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
architect A

I just knew that Florida isn't one of the states with high costs of living..Thank
you.

Jul 14, 23 9:15 am  · 
 · 
citizen

I'd think AI would be a better speller.

Jul 13, 23 1:23 pm  · 
1  · 

It's not as expensive to live in Chicago as you may think...

Jul 13, 23 2:00 pm  · 
1  · 

Don't pick a school bases on the architecture of the city surrounding it.  You want an architectural program that is:

1. Accredited.  This will reduce your AXP (internship) hours and allow you to easily be licensed in ever state. 
  2. Is low cost.  Unless you have a scholarships or rich parents. 
  3. Has instructors with real world experience.  No only will you learn more but you'll have better networking connections to help you get a job after you graduate.
  4. Has a graduate program that interests you.  If you're going to get a Masters then make sure the program is something that you like.  If don't want to go to grad school  try and Bachelor's of Architecture.  
Jul 14, 23 11:34 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

All of the areas.

Jul 14, 23 6:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: