Archinect
anchor

Erasing machine refills?

michaelnorth

Hi, I'm a Cal Poly architecture grad from back in the 80's. My son is interested in some of my vintage tools. I have a couple of electric erasers, you know, the old-school versions that run on 120v, with hanging hooks, etc. I can still smell the graphite. Does ANYONE still make the long eraser refills for these machines? If so, where can I source? My recollection is they were about 6mm in diameter. Thanks!

Jun 19, 23 6:33 pm
reallynotmyname

They are called "eraser strips".    Don't know if anyone still makes them new, but you can get remaining old stock on eBay or Amazon.  eBay has better prices, amazon sellers are crazy high.   In the old days, they were maybe about $8 a box, now people want $80.

Jun 19, 23 7:56 pm  · 
1  · 
atelier nobody

As far as I know, no one still makes them. The best you'll likely find are these: 

They're a little fatter than the real ones so you have to kind of cram them in, but they more-or-less work.

Depending on which Cal Poly you mean, and whether you still live close, Hopper's in Rancho Cucamonga sometimes still has some NOS.

Jun 19, 23 8:09 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

I like you and your son already.  Pass on those heirlooms and keepsakes!

Jun 19, 23 8:52 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

Mistakes?  No problem! **

** For the bigger ones, a drive out to the desert with a couple of shovels may be needed.

Jun 19, 23 8:56 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: