Archinect
anchor

Name of this architectural design style

kennethnm

Hi,

I love these types of home designs from Arya group and just wanted to ask the name of the style or name of the architecture type. thanks

san onofre

Jun 16, 23 2:53 pm
Non Sequitur

Where's the style?  It's just over saturated marketing goop sold to rich assholes with nothing better to do that show-off to their neighbours.

Jun 16, 23 3:19 pm  · 
3  · 
proto

"Oneofeverything Contemporary": it's very popular with people who like to read amenities lists, instead understanding what design actually is or where/why traditional styles came about, or what might go into making a new architectural style.

Jun 16, 23 3:26 pm  · 
1  · 
____

John Galt modern

Jun 16, 23 3:36 pm  · 
4  · 
Wood Guy

Conspicuous consumptionism

Jun 16, 23 4:37 pm  · 
8  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Late Stage Capitalist Chíc

Jun 16, 23 5:23 pm  · 
7  · 
JLC-1

“I can’t tell people how to have style. No amount of money can buy you style. It’s just instinctive.”

— Iris Apfel

Jun 16, 23 6:30 pm  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

On the other hand, an old friend of mine had a business card that simply said, "purveyor of taste." He was a carpenter and man-about-town but I've always thought that was a good line for an architect.

Jun 17, 23 12:34 pm  · 
2  · 
graphemic

This is clearly a duck.

Jun 16, 23 6:50 pm  · 
sameolddoctor

"A fool and their money are easily separated" style. 

That said, we have all seen much worse. To me this is a solid 6.5/10, 10 being the worst

Jun 16, 23 7:28 pm  · 
1  · 
drums please, Fab?

I am extremely offended they use Lautner's Sheats-Goldstein residence as their logo.  unacceptable.

Jun 16, 23 9:24 pm  · 
1  · 
Le Courvoisier

way more than 5 points on architecture in that thing 

Jun 17, 23 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
nabrU

Juggling exclusive part time homes and 2 weeks a year.

#AADRLHOMES for rich kids

Jun 17, 23 7:12 pm  · 
1  · 

First buildings and homes like that --- basically "contemporary modern" are not styles. Styles pretty much ended with the Arts & Crafts / Craftsman which was in the transition from "styles" to "philosophy". Modernism is not about styles but a philosophical principle. Ever since modernism and even postmodernism, the paradigm has shifted to a philosophical / principles based approach design not styles that are defined by rules of proportion and elements that you can define a home is Queen Anne style by application of elements and features and decor elements like some checklist. Postmodernism is really just another phase in the modernism paradigm. It's no longer about some rigid rubric of architectural features and elements that defines what style or styles the building is. Modernism and since then, the paradigm shift moved beyond the way architecture was designed from classical greek through early 20th century to a new way thinking about design where form has a relationship to function such as "form follows function". Whether or not these architects or designers were applying some high level of thinking regarding the design's form or not. It's a big question for sure.  Most likely these corporate kitsch designs meets those noble ideals are highly unlikely but its drawing from modernism but definitely not the stark white modernism of the 20s-60s.

Jun 18, 23 7:04 pm  · 
 · 
Jay1122

Oversized modern contemporary house. Nothing special. I am more interested in the price. Hmm, Youtube comment says it is $83M. Man, I can't even afford the property tax of this house.

Jun 19, 23 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

That's too funny, I'm watching Platonic on Apple TV and the restauranteur owns this house. A total douchecanoe.

Jun 27, 23 10:22 pm  · 
1  · 

Douchecanoe. hehehehehehe.

Jun 28, 23 12:47 pm  · 
1  · 
x-jla

it’s called California liberal elite style.  

Jun 28, 23 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Actually the person that had it built is a conservative republican.

Jun 28, 23 11:56 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Who?

Jun 28, 23 12:12 pm  · 
 · 

Current owner is Austin Russell, the house was built by Ardie Tavangarian.

Jun 28, 23 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

How do you know he’s a conservative Republican?

Jun 28, 23 12:28 pm  · 
 · 

Look him up.

How did you 'know' that it was a liberal elite? 

Jun 28, 23 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I said the style was.

Jun 28, 23 12:54 pm  · 
 · 

How do you know it's a liberal elite style?

Jun 28, 23 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
____

Chad, I believe that was a classic pavlovian reflexive projection.

Jun 28, 23 2:33 pm  · 
1  · 

Arch2 - Ha! I'd have to agree.

Pavlovian Reflexive Projection (PRP) - isn't there a pill to help with that?  ;)

Jun 28, 23 2:37 pm  · 
2  · 
x-jla

Same way I knew that Biden was taking bribes from the Chinese.

Jun 28, 23 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I’m psychic

Jun 28, 23 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

More PRP. Try harder little troll.

Jun 28, 23 3:25 pm  · 
1  · 

I got cash style

Jun 28, 23 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

The Coup

The Guillotine 

Jun 28, 23 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Can you imagine the taxes, insurance, and upkeep on that thing? Nothing says drug money coupled with a complete lack of taste and education more than something like this.  

Jun 28, 23 5:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: