Archinect
anchor

Seeking advice in applying for M.arch

dwg2424

I'm applying for M.Arch II, 2024 cycle I'll be applying to colleges in the US. My cgpa is 7.6 (3.06 gpa) I'm taking GRE in August and my Target is 325+ As I'm freshly graduated I have few months of work experience. 

My question is does cgpa matter? I'm aware 7.6 isn't a great cgpa but I'm confident about my CV Portfolio SOP and LOR. 

What are the colleges I should be targetting. 

Jun 7, 23 12:37 pm

I can't speak for the cgpa.  However regarding which college should you apply to?  This is a very broad question with a lot of variable's that you need to decide on before YOU can make a decision. 

1. Where do you want to practice?
  2. What are your interests in architecture?
  3. Do you already have a Bachelors of Architecture degree?
  4. How will you be paying for your education?
  5. Do you have any schools you're interested in?

I'd suggest you do a bit of research and get a bit of personal direction before you come online and ask strangers for too much advice.  I'm not trying to be rude - you just don't want to get bad advice from someone who has different priorities and goals than you.   

Good luck!

Jun 7, 23 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
graphemic

MArch II degrees are often... a source of funding for schools, let's say. So, I would not expect grades and what not matter too much. Portfolio, absolutely. But be wary of the financials. Good luck!

Jun 9, 23 1:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: