Archinect
anchor

Great Community College Programs for Transfer (CA)?

jarhead

I've been searching through a bunch of these forums and researching on the internet. I live in Southern California and the ones I saw mentioned the best are Orange Coast, East LA, Pasadena, and Mount San Antonio. (The closest ones are OCC and Mount San Antonio, the others are too far) I am planning to transfer in-state and out-of-state and get a B.Arch. Especially Syracuse, the UCs, Cal Polys, USC, Woodbury, Auburn, IIT, and then some. 

I'm stuck between OCC and Mount San Antonio. Mount San Antonio offers a structure course and more articulation agreements, but OCC is closer and a lot of people recommend it. (It seems to have a good curriculum/resources and good for transfer)

I got a lot of questions. But, most importantly, what should I look for in an arch course for transfer? Is it really better to take GE classes than Arch classes for transfer? How can a good community college course help me build my understanding and portfolio? How can I research and compare colleges myself? There are so many more questions but I forgot them lol

Thank you!

May 18, 23 1:20 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: