Archinect
anchor

EPFL - Can I be accepted at the Masters already having a 5-year Bachelor Degree?

grav1996

Basically, last year I finished my 5 year bachelor degree in a Latin American country and now I am applying for a Masters in Architecture at EPFL. I want to continue my education in a field which is not very common in my home country and EPFL's course has a great focus on the theme.

I was very hopeful about getting accepted, considering my grades, recommendation letters and previous academic experiences. However, yesterday I saw a post of someone who got rejected for having graduated from a 5-year bachelor course.I then checked EPFL's eligibility criteria and it says that "Candidates who already hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in the field (or similar field) of the program for which they would apply are not eligible."

In Europe my diploma is still considered a bachelor/undergraduate one, as it's stated on the transcripts, and I have many friends who graduated at my university and later went on to enroll at Masters in renowned european universities such as TU Berlin, TU Delft or Politecnico di Milano.

Should I already lose hope about getting into EPFL (my first option for the masters course)?

Apr 18, 23 10:02 pm
Non Sequitur

What did they say when you called their administration?

Apr 18, 23 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
Aaron_

Hello, I'm curious about the results of this question. Don't they accept the five-year Bachelor?

Dec 21, 23 2:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: