Archinect
anchor

Suggestions for Distance Learning Master's in Architecture programs

grayfrench

Hello

I am seeking information / guidance / suggestions on what Distance Learning Masters in Architecture programs exist around the world.

I am an Architectural Technologist with an undergrad working in South Africa. I am in my late thirties, with all the responsibilities and opportunity costs that come with such a time in life. I have reached career ceiling in AEC industry and want to do Master's so I may register as Architect. I am not looking for a quick short cut, but I also believe that with my circumstances and digital age looking for an alternative to the traditional form of Archi studies will prove the best solution. 
Going back full-time is not an option. I like working in practice, I am part of great projects at the moment / future where I continually develop. And I have those pesky bills to pay

I see some courses / programs require some time on campus (at the beginning of each semester) This I am able to do. 

I am open to all suggestions and information? I will then research those options. USA? EU? UK? I am English speaking first language

I am also aware that the USA courses need to be NAAB accredited. I am not sure of the EU accreditation bodies

Thank you for time and assistance 

G

Apr 17, 23 10:06 am
Non Sequitur

First step is to decide where you want to be licensed as an architect because local restrictions vary greatly.  Once you've figured that, then you can look for relevant accredited M.arch online.

Apr 17, 23 10:41 am  · 
 · 
sfsefs

It's great to hear that you're considering pursuing a Distance Learning Master's in Architecture to further your career while managing your responsibilities. Here's some information and guidance to help you in your search:

1. Accreditation: Accreditation is indeed an important factor, especially if you're considering becoming a registered architect. In the USA, NAAB accreditation is recognized. In the EU, accreditation bodies can vary by country. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is recognized globally for accreditation in the UK.

2. Distance Learning Programs: Many universities around the world offer Distance Learning Master's programs in Architecture. Here are a few things to consider:

• The Open University (UK): Offers an MSc in Architecture. It's a reputable institution known for its distance learning programs.

• University of Bath (UK): Offers an MSc in Architectural Engineering: Environmental Design.

• University of Southern Queensland (Australia): Offers a Master of Architecture (Design) program online.

• Delft University of Technology (Netherlands): Offers an online MSc in Architecture, Urbanism, and Building Sciences.

3. Hybrid Programs: Some programs may require limited on-campus presence, often at the beginning of each semester or for workshops. This could be a feasible option for you.

4. Entry Requirements: Ensure that you meet the entry requirements for your chosen program, including academic qualifications and professional experience.

5. Program Structure: Look into the program structure, course content, and duration. Some programs might be more suitable for working professionals.

6. Research: Thoroughly research each program, including faculty expertise, alumni success, and online reviews from current or past students.

7. Financial Considerations: Calculate the total cost of the program, including tuition, fees, and any travel expenses for on-campus components.

8. Application Process: Familiarize yourself with the application process, deadlines, and required documents.

9. Consultation: If possible, reach out to the admissions offices of the universities you're interested in. They can provide detailed information and answer your specific questions.

10. Time Management: Distance learning requires strong time management skills. Make sure you can allocate sufficient time for your studies alongside your work and responsibilities.

Remember that each individual's situation is unique, so it's important to find a program that aligns with your needs, goals, car locksmith and circumstances. Good luck in your pursuit of further education and career growth! 

Aug 22, 23 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

I'd love to know why bots are populating this forum

Aug 22, 23 2:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: