anchor

Looking for feedback on portfolio

cynicalichen

currently a third year student

looking for general feedback, looking to apply to internships in a year or two

(link removed)

Mar 7, 23 11:32 am
ham1

The images you have for each project are pretty solid outside of some minor edits (especially the sketches, big fan of your drawing style), but you need to format them. Each page needs to be curated. However, I'd start by organizing your portfolio overall. You need a cover page, table of contents, some way of organizing your work to be a cohesive collection vs an eclectic grouping of studio projects.

Mar 7, 23 12:54 pm  · 
1  · 
cynicalichen

Do you have any examples of this that you can share?

Mar 7, 23 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
cynicalichen

Do you have any examples of this that you can share?

Mar 7, 23 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
lacalr

I agree with what ham1 stated above. The portfolio can use some curating on each page, maybe some more white space, and the photos of the models could maybe be decreased. One photo may be more powerful than a combination of 3-6. 

Try looking at Issuu for examples of portfolios and how they use white space/curate each page. Especially along the inner spine, I think having full bleed images is definitely a route to take but that needs to be intentional. Sometimes its best to leave some breathing room between the two pages. 

I like your purple and red drawing style a lot though, the axons shine most out of all the images for me! 

Mar 7, 23 2:50 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: