Archinect
anchor

Can anyone advice with Cornell MSAAD?

PleaseArchi

Hello, I recently received an acceptance from Cornell MSAAD with $, but I'm not feeling great after being rejected by Harvard GSD. I have a B.Arch degree and 3 years of work experience. In architecture, I have become interested in urbanism, urban data science, and solving regional issues with architectural design. I applied to Cornell MSAAD as a minor in urban design and even though I was more interested in MSAUD, the program is relatively new and it is unclear what courses I can take. However, as an international applicant, I have limited information about the MSAAD program. Particularly, while I can find information about B.Arch, it is difficult to find information about MSAAD. I am still waiting for the results of a few more schools, but I am thinking about what it would be like to attend Cornell, as I don't want to experience a big disappointment. If anyone can provide me with information, I would really appreciate it. 

1. I heard that Cornell MSAAD's studios are taken with undergraduate students. If anyone has experienced MSAAD, how was it (including life at Cornell AAP), and do you recommend it?

2. Cornell MSAAD vs GSAAP(MSAUD), which one would you choose? (heard Cornell has about 30 students in the porgram while GSAAP has 70)

3. How competitive is the job market for Urban data + Architectural Design-related + real-estate startups or companies after graduating from Cornell MSAAD?

Thank you.

Mar 6, 23 10:27 pm
shrutiv

I have received an acceptance from Cornell MSAUD with scholarship. I am hesitant to opt for it as it is a new program and being based in NYC away from its campus in Ithaca I am doubtful about the TA/RA positions. I also have an acceptance from Pratt with a higher scholarship for the same program. But Cornell has a higher reputation. If anyone can guide me, I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you.

Mar 14, 23 6:12 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Take the cheapest. Reputation is not an nvedtment.

Mar 14, 23 8:47 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

*investment.

Mar 14, 23 8:48 am  · 
 · 

I have to second what Non said. 

Unless you're going for a teaching position then where you have your degree from is irrelevant to a point. As long as you received an accredited degree from a school that doesn't have a BAD reputation you'll be fine. 

Those three years of working experience is going to be more helpful in terms of reputation than where your degree is from. It's important to remember that the education you obtain will BARELY prepare you to work in an architectural office. You'll still have a great deal to learn.

Mar 14, 23 11:37 am  · 
 · 

Echo the money part- 

But if you want to make a decision look at the people that are involved in the program. Not just a name, look at their CVs. Incdendentaly, this will help you decide if it is worth it's value.

Mar 14, 23 11:51 am  · 
1  · 
Jay1122

All of those 3-semester post-professional design programs are basically resume shines. It will just be some additional studio classes that you have to go through. If you expect to go through 3 semesters of courses and come out a brand new man. You will be disappointed. Choose the least expensive biggest name school is what I would suggest.

Mar 15, 23 12:34 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: