Archinect
anchor

QAQC

go do it

Will y"all let me know if I have a decent understanding of this concept?

The assurance part of QAQC is to "assure" the proper procedures are executed per task and the QC part is to confirm that these procedures meet the specifications requirements.

If my understanding is correct, or close, I am not sure I can visualize how it would layout in Excel without having the QA part just look like a list of of the building process.

Would anyone be will to show me theirs :)? A templet that has worked for them or send me to a resource. Does the excerpt from my specs below sort of lay this concept out?

Thanks!

1.4 QUALITY ASSURANCE 1. Architect will select one surface to represent surfaces and conditions for application of each paint system. a. Vertical and Horizontal Surfaces: Provide samples of at least 100 sq. ft.. b. Other Items: Architect will designate items or areas required. 2. Final approval of color selections will be based on mockups. a. If preliminary color selections are not approved, apply additional mockups of additional colors selected by Architect at no added cost to Owner.

Feb 28, 23 12:15 am

Are you asking about QAQC for:

1. Construction document production (drawings and specs)?  
  2. The definition in as it relates to architects duties in AIA contracts?
  3. Responsibilities of the architect as it relates to choosing materials for construction as described in the specs (aka project manual)?

I ask because they are all different.  

Feb 28, 23 10:19 am  · 
 · 
go do it

I guess that information would be helpful wouldn't it?

I am asking in the context of a commercial project superintendent ensuring that the specs are adhered to and to document the process by having a checklist of proper materials and methods.

THX

Feb 28, 23 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

In your position as a project superintendent (aka owners rep)

I personally view QA as dealing with non tangible items (following proper procedures, schedule, budget). I view QC and dealing with the end physical product (quality and correctness of built work).

Defining QAQC is irrelevant in your situation. Your job is to ensure that the building is constructed per the CS's, on time, and on budget. T

Feb 28, 23 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

QA is ensuring that your people can do their job (think training)

QC is ensuring that your people did their job

Feb 28, 23 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

The company has just introduced this monthly QAQC snapshot of the project to do just as Chad said in his last sentence and to use the QAQC to identify and track what is working and what is not with a by-product of identifying reoccurring non-productive and costly mistakes.

Does anyone have an example or templet they would kindly share?

Feb 28, 23 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: