Archinect
anchor

Please help me identify the architectural style of my house

astrickland

Hello, my wife and I recently purchased a home in Bomaderry, New South Wales (Australia), constructed in approximately 1957. We would greatly appreciate the input of this community to help us identify to the architectural style(s) of the house. Are there any particular styles that you can clearly see? Thank you in advance

Feb 17, 23 5:58 pm
astrickland

additional photo

Feb 17, 23 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

typical with nothing specific  

That red carpet is fantastic. 

Feb 17, 23 6:08 pm  · 
4  · 
citizen

Cute bungalow-ish house.

And agreed on that amazing carpet!  That's the color you dye it when the murder stains won't come out, but the realtor is coming over tomorrow.

Feb 17, 23 8:09 pm  · 
2  · 

I wonder if the carpet is wool? If so, but you want hardwood floors, pull the carpet up and make area rugs out of it. Wool carpet lasts forever. 

Edit to add: the house is super cute.

Feb 19, 23 9:21 am  · 
1  · 
Wood Guy

I'd call the style a colonial revival bungalow. Colonial Revival was popular in the northeast US at that time, with very similar details, but the porches, proportions and roofing on your project are more bungalow-like. Here's a cottage on the coast of Maine, USA that I'm working on now, from the same era but about as far away as it's possible to get from you: 

Feb 19, 23 10:59 am  · 
3  · 

I don't do much single family work however I'd agree with WG. It's a cute house you have there astrickland!

Feb 19, 23 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Help Me Identify The Style of THIS!
Mar 10, 23 9:29 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Are window manufacturer stickers like those ball caps where it's fashionable to leave them on?

Mar 10, 23 9:39 am  · 
1  · 
proto

#farmhousechic #bytheartistformerlyknownasDeveloper

Mar 10, 23 10:25 am  · 
 · 

Window manufacturer's stickers are left there for the building inspector to see if the product is tested and contains certain specifications meeting the standards. At least it is so in California.

Mar 10, 23 11:36 am  · 
 · 

It's rather common throughout the US, not just California.

Mar 10, 23 12:33 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: