Archinect
anchor

Can anyone who studied at GSD MDes give me some guidance regarding the program? Thank you!

McRuskerio

I have a few questions regarding the program 

1. Is MDes often a program for architecture graduates to further their studies? I have an undergrad degree in business, and I am working on a Digital Media Masters through Harvard Extension School -which is going quite well.

2. Are any MDes concentrations heavily design/studio based?

3. Would you consider MDes more difficult than M.Arch as M.Arch is very focused on spatial thinking while MDes includes topics ranging from robotics to architecture materials and social justice. I am even seeing a course on the shelf life of food products. I know "difficult" varies from person to person. 

4. Is there a career trajectory that MDes graduate typically follow? It seems like such a broad program that graduates can go on to be art directors, politicians... open a textile manufacturing company... etc. These are my guesses, but I would appreciate some examples. 

Jan 8, 23 1:51 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: