Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Online: BAC or ASU?

EverChange29

Hi all!  I am looking into getting my M.Arch degree online and have narrowed it down to two different NAAB accredited schools that offer accredited online masters degrees.  Has anyone completed the online M.Arch program for either BAC or ASU?  What was your experience?

For a little background info, the reason I'm looking at online is because the schools in my state aren't right for me.  I'm a non-traditional student at 39 yrs old with a 4-year in Interior Design, 10 years in the field, and I've already logged over 2,000 hours through NCARB. Both schools said they would most likely accept me to their 2 year program with my degree and experience. BAC will accept 1,500 of my logged hours for their program so I would only have to log an additional 1,500, which shouldn't be a problem.  I have to log more AXP hours to sit for my exams anyhow, so my work can count for both.

I've read some of the other Forums on BAC, but with only requiring 36 credit hours vs 48 at ASU it seems like I could potentially balance life and work a little better at BAC.  Cost wise, they are similar with BAC at $56k total and ASU at $45k total.  I plan to apply for scholarships to help with cost, so my question is centered around the program itself, work/school/life balance and general opinion of their online program. 

Thanks for your insight!

Dec 15, 22 3:39 pm
Non Sequitur

45k is criminal.

Dec 15, 22 10:55 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: