Archinect
anchor

Anyone knows about EPFL bachelor admission criteria?

ecnheint

I'm interested in applying to the EPFL bachelor's program in architecture. Does anyone know about the admission criteria?

I hold a bachelor's degree outside of Switzerland and thanks to that it seems I won't have to take exams. I'm not sure about the admission criteria though. All it requires is a French language certificate and a high school and university transcript. It doesn't accept portfolios, motivation letters, reference letters, CV, and it doesn't have an interview as well. Is it the only grade that matters? What's the usual grade requirement?

My bachelor's degree is in electrical engineering. I have a pretty bad GPA(2.5/4.0). My high school grade is better(3.3/4.0) but I guess the uni GPA would weigh more in my case. Does anybody know what are the chances?

Also, what's the normal cohort size for the EPFL architecture bachelor program?

Dec 12, 22 10:23 am
Non Sequitur

https://archinect.com/forum/th...

Dec 12, 22 11:29 am  · 
 · 
enzofontanella

Hey !

I’m doing my 3rd and last year of architecture bachelors at EPFL.

To be honest I live next to this school since forever so it was a convenient choice. 

The price/ education ratio is great (780/semester for Swiss citizen) and ~double it for other nationalities.

Regarding grades requirements for enrolling here, you should check the EPFL website : 

https://www.epfl.ch/education/admission/admission-2/bachelor-admission-criteria-and-application/

As far as I know, the French needs to have a 16/20 in a scientific high school curriculum. So check for other nationalities.

Regarding the cohort, there is 250, ish student in first year. The average age group is 18-20 y.o. And in second year it goes down to 120-150 students.

I you have any question hmu ;)

Dec 24, 22 1:32 am  · 
1  · 
ecnheint

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Dec 24, 22 5:19 am  · 
 · 
ecnheint

Unfortunately, the website doesn't contain enough information for my case. So I asked the school admission officers but they said the exact criteria couldn't be revealed. So I guess there's no way to know until I apply. May I ask two questions? 1)Why do almost half of the cohort don't register for the second year? Is it that the school kicks out the bottom half? or is it that students switch to other major/school voluntarily? 2)How many students aren't French native speakers? DELF B2 is required and C1 is highly recommended, but I believe even with C1 it won't be enough to fully follow studies. Not many courses are provided in English, right?

Dec 24, 22 5:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: