Archinect
anchor

What to study on ExAC after taking all ARE exams?

meganstenftenagel

Long story short, I'm in a bit of a difficult situation due to a policy change of British Columbia (AIBC) no longer accepting ARE exams, although I have already passed 4 and intend to pass the last 2 within the next 6 months. Finding a way to get out of the policy change has been rather fruitless so far... 

Has anyone had to take both exams? If I also need to take ExAC after AREs is there exam content I could look more quickly over, and other content I really need to drill? Any experiences or resources would be helpful! Thanks!

Also word of advice, don't take the ARE exams if you are in Canada and are thinking about starting it. The fact that it's not recognized in all provinces makes it inflexible. 

Dec 6, 22 3:17 pm
Non Sequitur

Strange... AIBC's website still claims they accept NCARB's ARE as part of their IDP.  

Protip... there is no reason to take the ARE if you are completing IDP in canada.  The Exacs are geared exactly for canadian practice and canadian codes.  They are also cheaper and less bloated than the AREs.  

other protip.  Do not be fooled by online Exacs study guides or similar "services".  There are no officially sanctioned study guides.  This is very intentional because the content changes yearly as the practice evolves. 

Dec 6, 22 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

https://archinect.com/searchal...

Plenty of existing discussions on the content expectations of the ExACs... I'm too tired to repeat myself.

Dec 6, 22 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: