Archinect
anchor

Applications for masters!

dying

Hello everyone 

I'm an architecture undergrad applying for masters in Urban Design in the Uk. Can you give some suggestions for how to make your personal statement really good? I feel like my writing is very straight forward. How do I make it more convincing and what to include specifically? 

Any other advice for making my application is welcome!

Thank you!

Nov 16, 22 9:39 am
Non Sequitur

So... you're looking for someone else to do the only difficult part of the application for you?  The part that is specifically designed to test how you can express yourself and your academic ambitions?  

Good luck dawg.  

Nov 16, 22 10:01 am  · 
1  · 
ill_will

Approach it like a love letter, passionate, poetic, and authentic. If you find yourself struggling beyond normal writing processes, you should probably question whether you're cut out for the program you are applying to. 

All that being said, I agree with Non Sequitur; it's like presenting in a design review, you're supposedly the expert here. Anything other than your gut feeling is likely irrelevant. 

Nov 16, 22 11:57 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: